Lillicrap Chilcott wins award in the run up to the 'Property Olympics'
At last there’s some good news for the UK property market! Amid all the doom and gloom hitting the headlines in recent months, the results of the Daily Mail UK Property Awards 2008 have just been revealed. What’s more, UK property professionals are achieving a great amount of success in their respective fields, just like athletes at the Beijing Olympics! These awards are linked to the world’s largest and most prestigious property competition and a number of this year’s UK winners will be chosen to represent the UK at the finals in the USA this November.
Lillicrap Chilcott is delighted to announce that it has won an award in the category of Best Estate Agency. The award will be presented at a glittering gala dinner to be held at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London on 31st October.
Having been given this high recommendation Lillicrap Chilcott is now entitled to display the Daily Mail UK Property Awards’ logo with pride. This symbol of excellence will be recognised and appreciated by the public who are becoming increasingly well informed and discerning about the properties they seek to buy.
Entries were judged by a panel of independent professionals, chaired by Eric Pickles, British Shadow Secretary of State. Their collective knowledge of the property industry is second to none and unsurpassed by any other property awards. (Full list of judges below.)
All in all, there are 21 different categories and up to two of the most outstanding entries in each category are given a four-star award, while the best overall entry will be given a five-star. But the success story doesn’t end there - every five-star winner’s entry will then be re-examined to determine who is to go forwards for the ultimate World’s Best Award. These outstanding international accolades will be announced at a grand presentation dinner in America on November 10th.
Andrew Chilcott said of the award, “We are absolutely delighted that the hard work put in by the team at Lillicrap Chilcott has been recognised by such a distinguished panel of judges. It is a huge honour to win the award and we would like to thank all of our clients for their words of support.”
- Helen Shield, editor-in-chief of International Homes magazine;
- Peter Bolton King, chief executive of the National Association of Estate Agents;
- Phil Spencer, property expert and presenter of Channel 4’s Location and Relocation TV shows;
- Imtiaz Farookhi, chief executive of the National House Building Council;
- Christopher Hall, past president National Association of Estate Agents;
- Gillian Farr, designer from Laura Ashley;
- Thijis Staff, International Consortium of Real Estate Agents Association (ICREA);
- Alejandro Escurdero, SIMA;
- Kirkor Ajderhanyan, French Real Estate Federation (FNAIM);
- Jonathan Price, FIABCI;
- Hans-Ulrich Berendes, FIABCI;
- Graham Norwood of the Daily Mail;
- David Hoppit, property writer;
- Jill Keene, editor of International Homes magazine;
- Diana Yakely, chairman British Interior Design Association; and
- Tad Zurlinden, Association of Relocation Professionals.